RSS

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

March Review and New Just 3 Linky

So, last month I joined up for the TraceyJay's "Just 3" Linky.  Here's how I did on my 3 goals:

1) Finish my class with a 4.0 GPA. 
Final grades come out Friday, 5/4.  I had a 95 pre-final and projects.  Got a good grade on the final I was told, and am hoping I did well on my projects, so I'm pretty sure this one is good!!


2) Try my hand a paper-piecing. 
Well, I started a pieced project, shown HERE.  Not done yet, but I've done research on how to paper-piece, cut out all my pieces, found and printed my pattern, and am starting to get everything together!

3) Make a waterproof mat for my new plants!  
The paper-piecing project will also fill this project, so I didn't completely complete this one.  But, once again, progress!!

Now, on to the NEW for May!

1) Actually finish the waterproof plant mats.  I have everything started and ready to roll, I just have to take time to finish the project!

2) Start and finish my Alaska Challenge Block.  This should probably be first priority, so that when I pull my hair out working on it and scrap the whole thing, I'll still have time to come up with something new!  Hehe ;-)

3) Get all the supplies and materials ready for the cruise!  We leave June 5th!  That's barely a month away!  Yikes!!

So there we have it.  New goals!  I hope my hubby doesn't mind not seeing me, because I will probably be holed up in the sewing room working on all this!  Yikes!  I also start my new job on Monday, 5/7, so I'll probably be dead tired every night too!  After all, this will be my first full time job since 2007! :-x  I've had multiple part-time jobs at a time that has given me full-time length days, plus school and homework, if you count those, but accountability to just one place- nope! 

I'm also experiencing some side effects from stopping some medication, which is giving me some vertigo and what are unofficially called "brain zaps"- think of scary movies when there's a ghost that kind of shakes and disappears-reappears really quickly, usually with a static-y sound effect- well, the world is doing that to me, minus the accompanying sound effect :-)  Usually lasts 1-2 weeks, sometimes a month, I guess.  I'm a week in so far, and hoping it ends soon!  Not pleasant, to say the least!

Hope everyone else is doing well!  Go check out TraceyJay and see what other people's goals are for May!


2 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I say scrap the other goals and just move straight to #3. :)

OK -- awesome paper piecing pattern... very ambitious. :) (I am just learning paper piecing myself... I hate the ripping part)

I hope your side effects straighten out soon :( Vertigo is miserable... and good luck with the goals! Thanks for linking up!

JoAnne said...

I would like to hear more about the Alaska Challenge block, please!

Post a Comment