RSS

Saturday, April 28, 2012

A big week!

Hey all!  Sorry for being MIA for a while!  This has certainly been a big week for me!  Took my final Monday, and believe I got the highest grade in the class.  A 98!  Wednesday, turned in my 2 big projects that I've been complaining about forever, and that was also my last day of school until I decide if I want to pursue a Bachelor's Degree or not.  Thursday, as I was getting into the car for work, I got a call from Accountemps about a possible job.  The thing- they wanted me in for an interview THAT day.  So, since I was only going in to scan some files, I skipped work and went to the interview.  Went well, talked with the lady for over an hour.  She said she was impressed with me but had a few other people to interview as well.  Well, less than an hour after getting home, I got a call.  You are looking at the newest employee of Conestoga-Rovers and Associates :-)  I am starting out as a receptionist, but they have lots of projects going on and there is potential for promotion.  Plus, it's only a 15 minute drive!  They just moved into the old paper mill... completely renovated, but kept the original flooring and brick and ceiling.  I'm in love with all the character in this building!  My first day there will be the 7th, and they're fine with me going on my trip in June, which is awesome!  I have been enjoying my new-found freedom from homework, and have made a lot of progress on my long-stitch project- I'm hoping to have it done for my next Yester-Year WIP Project post on the 5th!  My friend Sandy and I treated ourselves to pedicures today too.  Felt wonderful!  There is something so blissful about having someone massage your feet and legs.  I'm slowly working my way towards bolder polish colors too, so I have a gorgeous medium pink on my little piggies now :-P So, that's all my big news for now!  I haven't gotten much further on my paper piecing, but am looking forward to heading on to that after I finish my long-stitch!  I hope everyone is having a fabulous day, and that this dreary weather cheers up soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment