RSS

Friday, April 6, 2012

Yester-Year and FAFF!!

Boy has it been a busy week!!  Everyone at work got sick- like fevers, bed-ridden sick- so it was just me in the office!  I'm not usually there on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but I sure was this week!  The sickies are back in the office today, so thankfully, they told me to stay OUT of the office today :-)  I'm glad I didn't catch whatever they had!  *Knocking on every piece of wood I can find*  So, today is linky parties and coffee dates!  Rough life, I know :-)  The girls are also working hard...

At catching sunbeams!!  It's been rainy and dismal most of the week, so they're soaking it up!  It's such a rough life being a cat.  The boys also got thrown outside for a while today to enjoy the sunshine.  I just love watching them sunbathe in the grass outside!  I didn't get a picture of them though.


So, back to linkies!!  To my FAFF visitors, welcome!  I'd love to hear from you, and hope you enjoy my blog.  I'm still a baby blogger- I haven't even hit 10 posts or 1 month yet!- but I love to ramble...err... talk :-)  Follow me to hear about being the mother to my four fuzzy kids and their antics, my various crafts, our house remodel, my hunt for a career, and any other topics that come out of living life! 

And for the Yester-Year WIP!  Oh boy, this project is from middle school, so... probably about 13+ years old.  It's my first attempt at long stitch.  I wasn't quilting or sewing back then (Do what my mom enjoyed?  NEVER!!!  Gotta love the teenage years :-) )  Here's what I've done so far:
It's hard to see, but it's a cat curled up sleeping in a blanket- much like my cat does.  The best part- the cat is gray!  So this will end up having a place of honor in my sewing room someday (hopefully...)  It's traveled with me from NH to AK, AK to NM, NM to IL, and IL to MI.  The instructions kind of show how old it is... I was marking off the spots I had done with a green highlighter, which has now turned a pretty sickly green...
The picture actually makes it look more normal than it actually looks in person!  Hmm... those came out upside down, but at least you get the picture!!  I haven't been able to do much on them except find all the bits and pieces associated.  I also put it in the frame, which I only got as a present this last Christmas!  Before that, I was doing all the stitching and trying to keep the mesh flat by hand.

I've been working on that project for school, but FINALLY hit a big breakthrough, and hopefully it should be pretty smooth sailing from here!  Plus- school ends later this month, so I will have more free time for fun stuff like this!  I plan on having progress before the next Yester-Year linkup!

Well, off to (try to) be productive!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comments:

Christine L said...

WOW!! What a project this is! From Middle school! My Aunt did quite a bit of Long stitch when I was younger! I have a wonderful graduation project like this! :) Thank you so much for linking up. We all look forward to seeing your progress next Linky party :) See you next month :)

Post a Comment