RSS

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fabric!! :-D

Guess what I did yesterday?  I went fabric shopping!!  And found some cute stuff to bring on the cruise in June :-)  What do you think?
Can you tell I like stripes?  My mom thinks I'm nuts.  There's only one quilt I've made so far without any stripes in it though- I'm just drawn to them!  I think these will make some fun illusion blocks and such though, don't you?  Can't wait for Karen Combs's classes- although I feel absolutely horrible that she got all her materials stolen!  If you haven't heard that story, you can read it on her blog HERE.  People in the world, I tell ya!  I've been trying to get the word out as much as possible for her, even though the quilts and materials were stolen in Texas and I'm in Michigan.  There's no such thing as too many eyes though!

I've been laboring on trying to get a big project finished for my class too.  It's a fully written month worth of accounting for a pretend business- with all the payments, purchases, sales, invoices, bad checks, and anything else you can think of in all it's glory!  Worst part about these written projects is that if you make a mistake somewhere, it carries ALL THE WAY THROUGH, and you have to catch everything it touches!  That's a lot of work, I tell ya!  It's due in about a month from now, but the sooner I get it done, and get the other project for the class done (stock market project- ugh), the sooner I am DONE with classes and can get back to my fabulous fabrics!!  I have my braids for the living room quilt laying out, and it's TORTURE!!  I haven't touched them since the other week when I was blissfully ignoring this project and playing with them!

Slade isn't doing well again- I had thrown him and Augie outside to enjoy the sunshine and was beckoned back by ear piercing yelps!  He barely made it onto the porch again and is having trouble with walking around and such.  My poor boy!  He's such a baby though- he cuddles when he doesn't feel good, so he got some Mom cuddle time on the floor after we got back inside.

I also got some good news!  I went to the temp agency who actually originally placed me at the place I'm working now a few years back- it's a seasonal office position that I really enjoy- but they retested me for a full-time position.  I brought my score up by an extra 3 WPM, and had record Excel and Word scores!  It's nice when you hear someone tell you- "Well, you're scores are incredible- and we can send you anywhere with these scores, so we can get you a job in no time!"  They're fine with waiting the next few months so I can finish out the summer with this company- especially since they're the ones who would be replacing me anyhow- and said I should be able to be placed in a full time career position the day after this job finishes!  Finally!  Some good news on the job front!

Well, back to housework and homework.  I keep the TV on while doing homework, so I am now thoroughly addicted to Downton Abbey- and I just started watching Army Wives as well.  I'm only 3 episodes in, but I've spotted a quilt in each episode so far!  Makes me smile- I'm interested to see if it carries through!  I'm wondering if there's a quilter somewhere behind the directing and producing :-)

Anyhow, hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine!!

1 comments:

JoAnne said...

That is some nice fabric. I like stripes, too. I'm also a Downton Abbey fan, but I refuse to watch Army Wives (since I am one, LOL). I hope your doggy is better soon. Oh, and great news on the job front.

Post a Comment