RSS

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happiness & A Stranger's Smile

One of the best things about having pets is the fact that no matter how bad your day has been, or how upset you are, they can always make you smile.  My cats know that when I'm upset, they just need to relax on my lap and let me pet them to calm me down.  The dogs come to the edge of my seat and put their heads in my lap and look at me with those adorable puppy dog eyes, and the world is all of a sudden good.  But what about others?

I actually did make it to my friend's house today for a puppy play date.  Their boy has been tearing apart his room, so you know that he's been bored and restless, and my boys are always up for a good run around pretty much anywhere.  I loaded them in the Lil' Monster, AKA my Honda Pilot, and we headed down the road.  We were stopped at a red light and I was watching them behind me.  They love car rides, so Augie was looking out the back window at the person behind us.  All of a sudden, the guy in the car just gets the biggest smile on his face while looking at Augie.  It made me so happy that my boy could give that gentleman that extra second of happiness in his day.  Imagine if people did that to each other?  Think about how many faces you see in a day- at work, the grocery store, while driving, walkers, bikers, etc.  Imagine if just by looking at each other, we'd all get a smile on our face and get that extra second of happiness.  How great would the world be?  If strangers weren't these scary beings that we seem to think everyone but us is.  That'd be a pretty awesome world, if you ask me.

So, in hopes of giving another stranger out there an extra second of happiness, here's looking at you:

3 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Oh they are so darn cute! They could make anyone smile!!

Tangos Treasures said...

Just stopping by from Find a Friend/Sew Many Ways!! HI!!

Eileen said...

I found you through FAFF at Sew Many Ways but I know I'll be back.
Have a great day!

Post a Comment