RSS

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

A wonderful GREEN day!  St. Patrick's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays, probably because it was so close to my birthday so I always tried to keep a St. Patty's theme to my childhood parties.  My mom would make shamrock shortbread cookies with green sprinkles... my favorite!!  My favorite color is also green, so to see it running around all over for a day is AWESOME!  St. Patty's Day was the Saturday after I turned 21, so our first stop was an Irish pub.  We had several glasses of Guinness and green beer, and they had a giant leprechaun walking around and Irish tap dancers dancing all night.  It was awesome!!  Best 1st (legal...) pub experience ever!  And then there's McDonald's Shamrock Shakes... need I say more? YUM.


Slade's doctors expect him to be fine and make a full recovery.  He has the very start of hip degeneration that we found last year, so they think he may have tweaked it jumping onto the porch the other day.  He gets to be on glucosamine chondrotin for the rest of his life to help out, and pain killers for the next 2 weeks.  I got him home and let him outside with his brother, Augie, and decided it was a nice day so we could hang out in the yard a bit.  Till Augie body checked Slade to the ground and he couldn't stand up again so I had to carry him inside.  Poor Slade.  The big little brother who has to deal with this horse:


He can knock me over and weighs about 30 lbs more than Slade now, even though he's about 3 1/2 years younger!  Augie has way too much energy for his own good and reminds me of a toddler- he has 2 speeds: stop and RUN!!! He's a beast, but we love him.  He's been better to Slade since too.  Maybe the ear piercing yelps got through his bitty brain!

I got to start working on my living room quilt last night!  The pattern is Jubilee by Marlous Designs.
I am using Hoffman Bali Pops in "Sangria."  I think it'll really make this pattern look awesome.  You make braids, then cut them into squares and sew them together.  I can't wait for the finished product!!  Here's the braids I have finished:

I sewed 1 backward- I may have to redo that one.  I'll have to check.  I think I'm going to go work on this project a bit more!  The windows are open making it wonderful in here.  I love spring!

Till later, my friends!

1 comments:

Eileen said...

Very pretty! Living room quilt?

Post a Comment